Studying Abroad in London: Fun Things in the City, Afternoon Tea Time & Sunday Brunch!

Hi Everyone! London has been so good to me! I still can’t believe I'm in this great city with so much history! Here are some of the activities I've done in the second week I've been here. 

Fun Things in London


My friend Liala and I rode the London Eye like typical tourists. It was worth the wait, you can see all parts of the city it was so beautiful! For students, it was £15 if you paid ahead of time online. If you ever go to London and want to ride the Eye, make sure to pay online to avoid lines & extra fees!



Another great place to go is Camden Market. This place was by far my favorite part of London so far! It's an area filled with so many traditional and ethnic foods homemade and lots of cute little vintage shops to get souvenirs in! I have been to Camden Market on three occasions! I try a new food market every time I go. The first was a jerk chicken spot, the second was tater tots with white sauce and bacon on it and the third was the photo below to the Alfredo noodles with bacon- SO GOOD! Camden Market is someplace you definitely need to stop by at on your London adventure! I also had  homemade lemonade and freshly squeezed orange juice. It was everything!



My friends and I were so bored on a Saturday night, so I start looking up some cool arcades to go to in London. I came across Namco Funscape which is similar to Dave & Busters back in America. They have all types of Japanese games, they also had bumper cars which me and my friends were excited for the most. It's way cheaper than Dave & Busters and also right across from the London Eye.

I ended up winning 200 tickets, the jackpot on one of the games. Unfortunately, their prizes aren't the same as Dave & Busters. There isn't a wide variety to choose from but the games were the best part. 

A Typical British Tea


One of my goals in London was to go out for tea & scones and I did just that! My friends and I went out to Caffe Concerto. It was the cutest little tea spot in the South Kensington area of London. They served us sanwhiches, tea, scones and other pastries. To our surprised, the meal filled us up. They display of food was so perfectly arranged I didn't even want to touch it. 




Sunday Brunch was at a restaurant called Bad Egg. They have a lot of gluten free, vegan and vegetarian items to choose from. They also have the regular brunch unlimited drinks menu as well at the virgin menu if you want to keep your drinks strictly PG. 

Before my main course, I had macaroni and cheese balls, so delicious! My meal was pretty much all the parts of a cheeseburger without the bun with a sunny side egg on top. It was my first time trying sunny side up & I really liked it. It was really creatively put together. 



Thanks for everyone following me on this London journey, I'm leaving in a couple days and I am so sad to go! See you guys soon! 

xo, Ash

Comments

Popular Posts